Qualifications of Board Members
The chairman and members of the Board must possess the following qualifications at the time of their appointment:
- Be a citizen and a resident of the Philippines for at least five (5) consecutive years prior to his/her appointment;
- Be of good moral character and integrity;
- Be a holder of a valid Certificate of Registration and a valid Professional Identification Card as a Professional Electronics Engineer, duly qualified to practice as a Professional Engineer in the Philippines;
- Be a member of good standing of the Accredited Professional Organization;
- Be in active practice of the electronics engineering profession for at least ten (10) years prior to his appointment, either in self-practice, or employment in government service and/or in the private sector;
- Must not have any pecuniary interest, directly or indirectly, in any school, academy, college, university or institution conferring an academic degree and/or certification/accreditation necessary for admission to the practice of Electronics Engineering and/or Electronics Technician or where review classes in preparation for the licensure examination are being offered or conducted nor shall he/she be a member of the faculty or of the administration thereof prior to taking his/her oath of office; and
- Must not have been convicted of an offense involving moral turpitude.
Republic Act No. 9292
An Act Providing for a More Responsive and Comprehensive Regulation for the Registration, Licensing and Practice of Professional Electronics Engineers, Electronics Engineers and Electronics Technicians, Repealing Republic Act No. 5734, Otherwise Known as "The Electronics and Communications Engineering Act of the Philippines", and for Other Purposes
Resolution No. 2 s. 2007 - Rules and Regulations Implementing RA No. 9292 Known as "The Electronics Engineering Law of 2004"