In here, you will be able to access information exclusive for this profession.
This Professional Regulatory Board prepares and reviews the examinations that are given to aspiring professionals. This is done on a regular basis every year, to ensure that the exams are up-to-date and cover the varied scopes of the profession.
Another year is coming and the boards are looking to serve you better. Know more about the PRB and the many things it can do for your profession.
Qualification of Board Members
The Chairman and Members of the Board of Agriculture shall, at the time of their appointment, possess the following qualifications:
- Must be a natural-born citizen and resident of the Philippines.
- Must be at least forty (40) years of age.
- Must be of proven integrity and possessed of high moral and ethical values in his personal as well as professional conduct.
- Must not have been convicted in a final judgment of a crime involving moral turpitude.
- Must be a holder of at least a degree of Bachelor of Science in Agriculture, preferably with a master's degree in agriculture obtained from a school, college or university established or recognized by the Government or from abroad and has been engaged in the practice of the agriculture profession for at least ten (10) years before his appointment.
- Must not be connected with any school, college or university granting a degree that qualifies graduates of such degree for admission to the licensure examination for agriculturists either as administrative official/employee or faculty member or as owner, partner or stockholder.
- Must not be connected with any review center or any entity conducting review classes for candidates in licensure examinations for agriculturists either as owner, partner or stockholder or reviewer.
♦ PRC RESOLUTION NO. 2000-663
CREATION OF THE BOARD OF AGRICULTURE UNDER THE PROFESSIONAL REGULATION COMMISSION AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES.
♦ REPUBLIC ACT NO. 8435
AGRICULTURE AND FISHERIES MODERNIZATION ACT OF 1997
An Act Prescribing Urgent Related Measures to Modernize the Agriculture and Fisheries Sectors of the Country in Order to Enhance Their Profitability, and Prepare Said Sectors for the Challenges of the Globalization Through an Adequate, Focused and Rational Delivery of Necessary Support Services, Appropriating Funds Therefor and For Other Purposes
SECTION 1. Short Title. - This act shall be known as the "Agriculture and Fisheries Modernization Act of 1997."
SECTION 2. Declaration of Policy. - The goals of the national economy are more equitable distribution of opportunities, income and wealth; a sustained increase in the amount of goods and services produced by the nation for the benefit of the people; and an expanding productivity as the key to raising the quality of life for all, especially the underprivileged.